Even the bitterest and the darkest experience, makes my life colourful.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter: 080 Strawberry Shortcake & 090 Sweet Tart

Hi Everyone, how is your day? I hope that you all doing fine ^^
I'm back to review my new lippy stuff, it's from Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter. As you know a lot of beauty blogger talk and review about this lippies. It makes me really curious to know about this lippies since they have a lot of good review out there. So I decide to try 2 shades from this line. I go to cosmetic shop here in Bandung, and they have complete tester (20 shades). Unfortunately, Peach Parfait and Tutti Fruity are OOS. So, I pick Strawberry Shortcake and Sweet Tart.


I like this lippies because they have great range of shades and almost all of the shades is wearable and look pretty on any skintone. This lip butter glides smoothly and moisturizing my lips. The pigmentation is sheer-medium but buildable so you can get the intensity that you want. I usually enough with 2 swipes. The moisturizing effect only last for 2 hours but it leaves stain on my lips just like another tinted lip balm that I have. There's a light scent of vanilla from this lippies which I like.




080 Strawberry Shortcake: Sheer pale pink with purple undertone. This looks great on my lips especially if I want to toned down my lips. It has slightly silver shimmer but it doesn't noticable at all.

090 Sweet Tart: Warm bright pink (?) that brighten up my face. This colour makes my brown eyes pop. With 2 swipes, I can get medium coverage but if I use 3 swipes, it looks like bright neon pink. Somehow this one reminds me of my Sleek blush in Flamingo. I love to wear this with simple eyes make up.

What I don't like from this product is that sometimes it leave white fine line on my lips and makes my lips dry after the moisture effect is gone. So if I want to re-apply I have to make sure that there's no residue from my dry lips or the colour will looks uneven. Scrubbing your lips or using lip balm before use this lip butter would be better. I would not recommend this lip butter to heal your dry/chapped lips.

I like the colourful plastick packaging with pattern on the surface. The cap has transparent top, so you can see your lip butter's colour inside.


Price: Rp 67.500,-

Repurchase: Maybe, because I think it's a little bit expensive for only 2.55 gr of product but I still wanna try another shades.

Made in U.S.A

Now for the swatches ^^

Wrist swatch take indoor without flash

L-R: Sweet Tart & Strawberry Shortcake

Lips swatch taken outdoor without flash

090 Sweet Tart

080 Strawberry Shortcake

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy. Don't forget to leave a comment below ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment