Even the bitterest and the darkest experience, makes my life colourful.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

NYX Round Lipstick: Haute Melon, Margarita, Indian Pink, B52

Hello followers, I’m so sorry I’ve been away from my blog lately. Does anyone miss me? LOL

So now I’m back to review NYX Round Lipstick. I probably the last person on earth who try NYX RL, hahaha...

There’s a lot of girl who already tried and made a review about this and it’s probably you are one of them. I only have 4 so far and I think I will order more of RL because I really fall in love with them. I’m not a lipstick person actually because I’m not confident enough if people staring at my lips so I usually only use lipbalm or lipgloss yet lipstick makes me look more mature and sometimes it makes me look like a little girl whose wearing her mom's lipstick.

But these days when I’m start working I decide to have lipstick collection and I decide NYX RL because they have a lot of shades to pick and the price is acceptable for me. I like their texture because it’s creamy and easy to apply yet the shades is beautiful on my lips. NYX RL makes me start addicted to lippies. I always apply lipbalm before I use them so the colour looks more natural and I don't want to take a risk that somehow they can dry up my lips.




So here's 4 of them that I have. From L-R: Haute Melon, Margarita, Indian Pink, B52

Now let's jump to the swatch =D




From T-B: Haute Melon, Indian Pink, Margarita, B52

Haute Melon: I was very surprise when I see this on tube. It looks so bright and scary. But when I apply this on my lips, it's beautiful. Sheer red with coral undertone. This one is not so creamy like the other. I don't know why.

Margarita: Pink with coral undertone and it has silver shimmer. It's frosty but looks great on me. Doesn't make me look sick. It gives creamy finish too. I found something weird about margarita, when I apply this after an hour, I found that my lips is exfoliate and makes my lips look uneven. It may contain exfoliate properties. Does anyone have same experience with me?

Indian Pink: Pretty peachy pink with golden shimmer. It's sheer and creamy. This one looks very natural on my lips. This shade similar with my bare lips but gives a hint of peach. Very natural looking ^^

B52: This one is make me surprise too. It looks very dark on the tube. Makes me freak out, hahaha. The I try to swatch it on my lips and...it's beautiful. Deep rosy shade with mauve undertone. Perfect for night event. This one is very creamy and pigmented. One swipe and it gives me opaque finish. Love it!

I read a lot of review said that NYX RL can melts easily on warm/hot weather because they're so creamy. So, be careful when you put this on your bag, gals. Some reviews said that NYX RL doesn't have good lasting power but for me, their lasting power is pretty good. Up to 4 hours without eating. Don't forget to exfoliate your lips before using this lippies because your dry skin lips can make this lippies hard to apply perfectly and make the colour uneven :(

NYX have about 144 beautiful shades and you can pick which one that will work for your skintone and undertone. I'm not really sure about my skintone because I never try MAC before but maybe around NC25 or NC27. I really recommend this lippies for you, gals.

The price may variative depends on the online shop. The price is around Rp 30.000 - Rp 40.000.

I have more than 10 shades to order next time, hahaha...what is your fave shades from NYX RL?

UPDATE! 24th Nov 2012

I made a lip swatch for this lippies =)
My camera wash out the colour because it suppose to be brighter IRL *sorry* but I hope these help.

Haute Melon
Bright coral-red (pretty shade but very bright on me)

Margarita
Coral-pink with silver shimmer (bright coral-pink on me)

Indian Pink
Peachy-pink with gold shimmer (very natural on me)

B52
Deep rosy-mauve (pretty shade but looks vampy on me)
NB: Sorry for my imperfect skin and weird lips. Please don't laugh >.<

9 comments:

  1. sweet swatches!

    rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhea...Thanks for following my blog too ^^
      I'm following yours now :*

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. iya aku jg pgn swatch bibir tapi aku blm PD euy...nanti yah kl aku cukup PD, aku update deh =D
      BTW, thanks for reading ^^

      Delete
  3. micheleee....akhirnya apdet juga. XD

    kayaknya yg margarita cakep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya Awaaa, hehehe...kangen ga ama blog ku? :3

      Hooh Wa margarita cakep =D

      Delete
  4. Cikiciiw...
    finally update juga.. =^.^=
    Jadi tergoda ama indiana pink.. XD
    Kau sudah cukup meracunikuh sel..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Via, kau juga meracuniku sama si Fig tah...kumaha ieu? ahahaha

      Delete